Woodside Children’s Respite Service
Woodside is a Children’s Respite Residential Service managed by the Brothers of Charity Services Ireland, located on the outskirts of Ennis, Co Clare.
The centre offers a respite service to children with disabilities who have been identified as requiring medium to high levels of support.
The service can accommodate boys and girls, from 5-18 years of age. Children aged 5-12 years can avail of day supports only, while children from 12-18 years can access both day and overnight supports.
The maximum number the centre can accommodate is three.
The centre is a four-bedroom, two-storey dwelling, which provides residents with access to a kitchen and dining area, sitting room, bedrooms, utility room, activity room and offices. It has a large, well equipped, fully enclosed rear garden.
Criteria used for Admission
Eligibility criteria for admission to Woodside include the following:
◦ Children/young people aged between 5 and 18 years old, who have an intellectual disability and are resident in Co. Clare.
▪ 5-11 years – day supports
▪ 12-18 years – day and overnight supports.
◦ The referrer must complete an ‘Application for Admission to Service’ form – available from Respite Centre on request. The application must provide full details of all health professionals providing supports to the child and supporting reports from relevant disciplines must be provided by the referrer, to ensure that a fully informed decision is reached on the suitability of the service for the young person.
◦ On admission to the service an Individual Service Agreement (ISA) will be issued. This will be explained in person to parents/guardians and reviewed on an annual basis.
◦ Emergency admissions are not facilitated at Woodside Respite Centre.
Person in Charge Theresa Tonna Tel 087 9865856